Saturday, May 30, 2009

Apologies to my ever faithful fans and readers. I know there are many of you out there..well ok, maybe 2-3. I know you are waiting eagerly for news of my studying. It's been going well. I had a bad and grumpy day yesterday, after which I realized that seven 10 hour days of studying deserve a real break. Up till then my "breaks" had consisted of watching the French Open while writing flash cards. After a hot and grumpy day, I decided I would completely stop studying at 6pm. Felt much better this morning. I also realized that I need to turn on the air conditioning in the middle of the day.
I finished biochem and I'm onto Microbiology which involves mucho memorization and gross pictures.



Sample question:
Each of the following statements concerning Mycobacterium leprae is correct EXCEPT:
a) In lepromatous leprosy, large numbers of organisms are usually seen in acid-fast-stained smears
b) The organism will grow on bacteriologic medium in 3-6 weeks
c) Prolonged therapy (9 months or longer) is required to prevent recurrence
d) Skin tests for delayed hypersensitivty are useful diagnostically


Whoever gets the right answer first wins!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Quick and Easy But Delicious said...

I guess D.....hate it when tests have those convoluted questions...everything except...all but...let me know if I am right...

Nicole L. said...

oh! oh! I know this one! Leprosy is when your skin falls off, right? :)

Take a break, go to some airconditioned yoga!

<3
Nikki

Nicole L. said...

Is that picture gross? Cause I thought it was kind of a pink and purple swirly thing. I guess ignorance is bliss.