Wednesday, May 20, 2009

LAST DAY OF SECOND YEAR

Yesterday was the last day of second year! I'm so excited to be done and not have to think about sitting in a little chair for 8 hours a day looking at power point presentations written in very small font. Hopefully next year will involve more actual patients. Tomorrow morning I take my rheumatology exam and then DONE!!!!!!!! But, not really done. There are still 6 weeks of self-study for the USMLE STEP 1. This is what I'm afraid of, self-study. Trying to follow a schedule on my own, not getting distracted by the computer, the fridge, the TV; I'm worried that I'll decide that this is the perfect time to pick up a new hobby like salsa dancing or knitting. My only hope is to get out of the house and head to the library or a study friendly cafe every day. I'm taking the weekend off and then time to hit the books, the exam is scheduled for July 13 but I'm hoping that if I'm sticking to my schedule I can push it back to the 6th and get an extra week of summer vacation.

2 comments:

Quick and Easy But Delicious said...

I think you are actually quite good at self discipline when it comes to study...Mom

Nicole L. said...

trust me, you're better than me!